Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today I was directed to a link from REAL SIMPLE magazine that is a teaser from a book by the editors of the magazine for repurposing things. This section in REAL SIMPLE magazine was actually a part of my inspiration to do this blog.
The coolest thing I saw in the teaser was a wine cork repurposed as a sewing kit. They put a couple of needles in the top of the cork and wrapped various threads around it. Kinda cool, and definitely useful.
Personally, I found repurposing to be sort of MacGyver-esque this summer. My family was on our way home at the end of a long road trip when our car started to overheat. It was, of course, after the autoparts stores had closed, and we had some antifreeze but no funnel. We DID have a couple of plastic water bottles and a Swiss Army knife. So I cut the top off and used IT as a funnel. Not enormously impressive, but felt good at the time.
Any other cool uses for water bottles?

No comments:

Post a Comment